Thanks to the continued growth of Woodland Group’s Warehouse and Fulfilment business, they have opened a new 45,000 sq ft facility in Marks Tey, Colchester.
The new warehouse has been designed to expand capacity by 5,000 pallets, has over 4,000 pick faces dedicated to e-commerce and boasts some of our latest carbon-conscious warehousing initiatives.
Since the Marks Tey location opened its doors to clients in the 1st week of August, Woodland Group have onboarded new customers and brands that will all be operational for the 2021 peak trading periods.
The opening of this site has resulted in 10 additional roles to start while also creating opportunities to progress and diversify for Woodland Group’s existing team members.
It’s a really exciting time for the fulfilment teams and clients, as they further develop the solutions they are able to deliver to support forward-thinking businesses in changing eCommerce and supply chain management processes for greater positive impact. As such, and in line with their most recent facility upgrades and carbon-conscious vision, the new Marks Tey facility features:
- Newly created office and meeting rooms, relaxation areas and social spaces for the team
- The latest li-ion forklift trucks with revolutionary charging system, and battery optimisation for measured energy output based on requirements
- LED lighting with motion sensors reducing energy consumption across the entire facility
- Additional Lorry parking for 40 trucks and modern driver facilities
In addition, Marks Tey is the first location to run:
- A new warehouse waste reduction programme with view to be zero landfill
- Solar panels to power the facility using renewable energy
Woodland Group have invested in a full redesign of the warehouse management system in partnership with TMWare which allows them to deliver a fully paperless, integrated solution that works with all the major shopping carts and retailers allowing for peak order picking in excess of 180,000 B2C orders per month.
The opening of the Marks Tey location is a great stepping stone as they roll out their national and international warehousing and eCommerce vision in line with the aim to create opportunity for clients and communities alike and invest into carbon-conscious solutions that will deliver the sustainable supply chains of tomorrow.