ACL leads the way in supporting blended apprenticeship learningACL Essex is the largest provider of adult education in the county. Our aim is to provide learners with as many ways to flourish as possible, to be there in communities across Essex, to make a difference to residents and businesses, so they can make a difference for themselves and to the places that they live in.
Courses include, but not limited to:
- Qualifications and Skills for Employment – Access to Higher Education, Accounting & Finance, Beauty & Complementary Therapies, Business & Management, Career & Employability skills, Counselling skills, Creative Qualifications, Early Year & Education, IT, First Aid, GCSEs, Hairdressing & Barbering, Health Medical & Care
- English, Maths, Science and Digital – Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Microsoft Office Skills, English & Maths
- Mental Health and Wellbeing – Managing Anxiety, Positive Thinking, Building Self-confidence, Wellbeing, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Life Coaching
- Community and Family Learning – Emotional Wellbeing, Family Wellbeing, surviving as a Family, Understanding English & Maths
- Get Back into Work - These FREE ONLINE workshops will help you if you are unemployed or unhappy in your job. Each session is tailored to your needs and individual circumstances and will help you to gain confidence, self-belief and new skills.
The COVID-19 pandemic led to many significant changes in the way we live, learn and work. Back in March, we reviewed our current apprenticeship offering and moved it to a blended delivery model. This has included; virtual classroom delivery, Teams / Zooms support sessions, providing access to an online learning portal and resources. We have received excellent feedback, ACL will continue to offer a blended and flexible delivery model moving forward to meet our employers and learners needs.
Our apprenticeships are delivered to businesses and public sector organisations across the county and along its borders. We offer apprenticeships at intermediate, advanced and higher levels in a range of occupational sectors. Programmes are suitable for new entrants as well as exiting staff that require new skills to support a promotion, change of job role with increased responsibility or have been identified as requiring development in their current position.
Programmes are designed to be as flexible as possible to meet the demands of a busy work place and will include a variety of delivery modes including: taught sessions at one of our 11 centres, distance learning through our virtual and digital learning platforms and 1.2.1 coaching sessions at the apprentice’s place or work.
We provide Apprenticeships Level 2 to 5 in:
- Early Years & Education
- Health Medical & Care
- Leadership and Management
- Customer Service
- Business Admin
- Project Management
You can also contact the Business Development Team on 03456037635 or ACL.BusinessDevelopment@essex.gov.uk
Looking after yourself and others
Coronavirus has plunged the whole world into uncertainty and the constant news updates can feel relentless. All of this can affect people’s mental health. Please use and share the resources and places to find support with others who are in need on our website.
Please stay safe and we look forward to supporting your learning journey over the coming weeks.