Essex Chambers of Commerce is delighted to sponsor The Rob George Foundation’s Pop-Up Exhibition 2020. Celebrating artists’ work from across the UK, the exhibition will take place online from Friday 30th October – Sunday 8th November 2020.
As galleries start to reopen with the added limitations of social distancing, why not indulge your inner creative by perusing and purchasing art pieces from the comfort of your own home. You will also be supporting a wonderful charity to continue the brilliant work they do helping young people when they need it most.
The Rob George Foundation was founded in loving memory of Rob George, who died aged 21 on Monday 9th December 2013 following a long battle with leukaemia. Rob was brave and dignified, caring not for himself but for his family and friends. His wish was that a Foundation be set up in his memory to support young people who face similar intolerable financial difficulties to those he had encountered. Rob also wanted the Foundation to provide financial support to those in the worlds of sport or the performing arts.
The exhibition will be opened with a virtual launch on Friday 30th October. It’s an opportunity to hear about the charity and from some of the artists but it’s also a good excuse to get dressed up grab a glass of wine and have some fun. During this unprecedented time, it’s important that we engage and connect with each other in new innovative ways as we adapt to the ‘new normal’. Who would have thought at the beginning of the year there would be an exclusively virtual exhibition to attend and yet here we are.
If you are interested in attending the launch then you can book your place HERE.
Are you an artist? Has lockdown given you the opportunity to create the masterpiece you always knew was in you? Then why not submit a piece (or 5) for the exhibition? Here is your opportunity to sell your artwork online to UK wide audience without the extortionate commission rates charged by some. You will receive 60% of the sale while the remaining 40% will go to the charity. Every penny will be used to help a young person achieve their goals or be comforted in their time of need by offering them financial help.
To register your interest or if you have any questions then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit an artwork, please use the submission form. Please include two good quality photos of each artwork in your submission. If possible, please make a 60 second film (landscape) introducing yourself and your art and email to the above email address. This will then be used to create a short promo video and as part of the exhibition tour.
The deadline for submissions is Sunday 11th October 2020.
The Rob George Foundation Pop-Up Exhibition is kindly sponsored by:-