The grants are available to third sector organisations of any size and small organisations from other sectors, and are intended to help those furthest from the job market improve their skills and/or get into work or training.
Part funded by the European Social Fund, the South East LEP Community Grants programme offers grants between the values of £10k-£20k and are available within the South East LEP boundaries of Kent, Medway, Essex, Thurrock, Southend and East Sussex.
Community grants are intended to enable locally targeted support consistent with the challenges set out in the South East LEP Skills Strategy which are to:
- Develop the capacity of the community and to meet local needs.
- Undertake activities that promote social inclusion.
- Build employment and enterprise skills through the voluntary and community sector.
- Provide intensive support to help up-skill individuals and move towards and enter work.
- To engage those individuals who are the hardest to reach through innovative approaches.
Participants on grant funded activity MUST be:
- Aged 16 years and over and unemployed or inactive;
- Legally able to reside in the UK (and work in the UK) during the period of ESF funded support;
- Participants must live in the South East LEP area and all outcomes must occur within 28 days of the project ending.
ESF and South East LEP have a number of priorities and targets which the grant will need to address and the funding should support activities that help those furthest from the labour market and focus on the following priority groups:
- Participants over 50
- Participants who are women
- Participants with disabilities
- Participant from ethnic minorities
For the first round of funding the following groups can also be considered:
- Homeless individuals
We are currently planning three funding rounds and applications for the first round of funding will close on Friday 31st May.
Interested organisations can find out more and request an application form at www.cxk.org/community-grants